Accessibility Statement for Rodsley And Yeaveley Parish Council Website
This accessibility statement applies to https://rodsleyandyeaveleypc.com.
This website is run by Rodsley and Yeaveley Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is our website
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- some important content is stored in PDF documents
- most older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- some images may not have alternative text
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format please:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how the EHRC respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS). Telephone: 0808 800 0082 firstname.lastname@example.org www.equalityadvisoryservice.com/app/ask/
Contacting us by phone
Contact details for the councillors, can be found here: https://rodsleyandyeaveleypc.com/contact-your-councillors/
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Rodsley and Yeaveley Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Text and links
- The headings on some pages of the website aren’t structured correctly
- Some links on the website use non-descriptive text such as ‘click here’ or ‘Read More…’ making it hard for users of screen readers to understand where the link goes
We aim to fix any non-descriptive link text by December 2020. When we publish new content, we will make sure it meets accessibility standards.
- Some images don’t have a text alternative, so the information in them isn’t available to people using a screen reader.
We plan to add meaningful text alternatives for all images by December 2020. When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
The image slider on the homepage is currently not accessible.
We plan to replace the slider by December 2020.
PDFs and other documents
Some of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may contain images instead of text or not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader.
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs and Word documents with information relating to Agendas and Minutes .
The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we don’t plan to fix PDF files linked to agendas and minutes where a decision has been made.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We have not identified anything that qualifies as disproportionate burden as of yet, but we are still evaluating our sites and may update this when we identify issues.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 1 July 2020.
The website was tested using the following tools and techniques:
- WebAIM WAVE
- Nibbler from Silktide
- Chrome and Firefox Developer Tools
- ArcToolKit (Chrome extension)
- AxePro (Chrome extension)
- NVDA (manual testing)
- WCAG (manual testing)